Monday, August 25, 2014

August 11, 2014

August 11, 2014

WELPT.  It was a nice week in Compañia.  In the end, it turned into a real change and I stayed until last night... when we had new real changes!  Haha it`s all so crazy!  I`m going to stay in RENCA for my last change!!!!  CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?  And I am going to train again - a nuevita.  I`m going to train where I was trained!!!!!!  It`s so nuts!  And so awesome!  But that`s not all.  The two people that were baptized on the island are here on the continente and Presidente gave permiso to Sister Pederson (she served there after me) and I to go visit them!  So one is driving in from Viña del Mar right this second and the other is in the centro.  And we are about going crazy nuts to see them.  Can you imagine the joy I felt when President Videla said YES?   I`m just so excited.  Like so unbelievably excited.  I can't even contain it.  But that`s not all!  My hija, Hermana Alonso is ALSO GOING TO TRAIN!   She`s got like 4 months!  Barely.  Rock. Star.  It was really cool this week because we had a training meeting for all trainers and the assistants asked that those who had experience  share ideas and testimonies.  Obviously, I`ve only trained once, and I`ve always felt like even though I did my best, I just really didn`t do enough or do it well or... I don`t know... so I wasn`t even about to raise my hand.  But guess who did raise her hand?  Sister Alonso.  She testified about how she just barely finished her training and will now be a trainer thanks to everything I taught her and the great example I was.  I WAS IN SHOCK.  She said that she didn`t know much about teaching such things to someone else, but that she was a product of an excellent teacher and ojala all trainees could have the same experience.  Seriously couldn`t believe it.  It was so... NEAT.

You asked about my health.
Mentally:  Better than I`ve ever been in all my life.
Spiritually:  Better than I ever imagined was even possible to achieve in this life.
Physically:  Just... hoping I don`t randomly shatter into pieces like when you put hot glass in cold water.  Nah.  It`s not that bad.  Honestly.  I went to the doctor this week.  Looks like I`ve got a small meniscal tear in my knee... nothing grave.  Like I can live with it for life or have a small surgery.  It`s weird like sometimes it feels like it`s gonna dislocate backwards.  But it hasn`t so far.  So that`s good.  My back looks forward to my bed at night.  So that`s good.  At least I can sleep.  I`m 90% sure I have celiac disease.  So that`s a test I would really like to have done.  My feat are hanging in there.   
AND I AM WORKING HARDER THAN EVER.

I can`t believe that this is my last change!  It`s so weird.  This morning, all my MTC friends left.  All  15 of them.  It was sad and strange.  But I am so happy that I don`t have to leave with them.  Sorry.  I love you all.  A lot.  But I just am really not ready to come home yet.  I do prepare myself every once in a while.  Don`t worry.  I won`t be one of those miserable missionaries who comes home and hates their life.  The mission should be the happiest time of my life... up to this point.  And from there, every day should just get better and better.  I know things will be hard after,  but I will finally be able to put into practice everything I taught here to others in my own personal life.   I love to work, more than anything in the whole world.  It just makes me so happy.   

Tell Linds to have fun being married!


Sister Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment