Monday, July 14, 2014

June 23, 2014

June 23, 2014

Today´s  letter will be very random.
 This week we finally got the Conference Liahona!  There is a picture of the HR Stake center!  REPRESENT!
 It´s fun here in Renca.  Sometimes I contact people and they remember me from a year ago.  It´s awesome.
 I met some Venezuelans the other day here on vacation.  It´s scary.  There´s no more food in their country.
 I have "Chimpanzee ridin’ on a segway" stuck in my head.  Now you do too.
 Yesterday at church, nobody really was there when it was supposed to start.  I was playing prelude.  I prayed that some more priesthood holders at least would get there and began to play "Venid los que teneis de Dios el Sacerdocio" (is that a song in English?) and the chapel, within minutes, was full.
 The new President and his wife come this Friday.  It´s pretty bitter-sweet.  But it´ll be neat to have a new, Chilean perspective.  But I sort of fell in love with President and Sister Essig.
 I have decided that two more months is simply not enough.  I will be staying until September 23rd.  How in the world could I possibly cut the best thing that has ever happened a month short when God permitted me to come here?  Ni loca would I cut it.  And HE doesn´t want me to either.    So, if President Videla by chance asks me to extend, I will.  But I doubt it. I assume that I will be home the 23rd.  With that being said, if it is possible, please make me doctor appointments including physical therapy sessions and chiropractor sessions.   Not that I´m having problems, just that, as Elder Holland once said, I very well may come home on a stretcher.
 I´m guessing you already know, but Chile beat Spain.  It was a REALLY BIG DEAL.  Like you can´t even imagine how big of a deal that was.  And today they play Orlanda.  We´ll be spending our p-day in the house.  Fun.
 Sister Duffy, the new mission nurse is in my sister group!  Cool right?  She´s a nurse.  And a missionary. And she´s awesome.
 I´m livin’ the dream.
Sister Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment