Monday, June 9, 2014

May 26, 2014

May 26, 2014

Mi querrida familia!
This week has been... SO CRAZY.  And what`s crazier is that your week was CRAZIER!  Sounds like you`re nearly reaching the limit of "stuff."  FELICIDADES to Brenna who is a freshman again!  Way to go Jess, movin`up to Sophomore year (aka the best of high school), and Justin in middle school.  Can`t even believe it!  And like... Justin has a deep voice... that`s not normal.  AND, WHAT THE AWESOME!!! WAY TO GO TEAM THOMAS!!!  I actually taught a lesson last night where I related putting a baptismal to date with running as a family.  The Spirit was powerful and the girl accepted a baptismal date.  It was cool.  And it`s cool to see you all in action.  Loved the pictures. 
This morning we went to Cerro Santa Lucia.  Look it up.  It`s sweet.  and there were some American tourists who told us today is Memorial Day.  We had no idea.  
How weird to see that picture with Elder Jenson... or... Brother Jenson?  Not sure.  It`s like my worlds are colliding.  I`m glad you enjoyed his talk. Hope you got to see a little piece of what my life is like.  That`s a pretty unique opportunity.  Anyway we`ve got big news!  Sister Ireland is going to finish her last week in the mission with us in trio!  It`s gonna be AWESOME!  Seriously a power week.  The three of us are going to kill it together.  Even though I may not be here much because I`ll be doing intercambios... but either way.  Should be fun.

FYI, Next week we have zone conference on Monday and P-day on Tuesday, just so you don`t think I`m dead. 

If Brother Spear really is coming, here are some ideas that I`ve thought of.  If it`s too late, don`t even think about wasting the money in a package.  
icy hot cream-bengay
new black inserts from good feet (41 cm)
those face wipes you sent me (I don`t remember what they`re called), that same company makes a cream in a little white tube that`s awesome... I would love that.
and of course, if he is going to bring those things, feel free to throw in fruit snacks (WELCHES PLEASE) and peach rings.

This week has been fascinating.  I came to this sector about a year ago and worked hard.  So hard.  And came back a year later to find that nearly every person with whom I worked is inactive.  I sort of died inside, wondering what I possibly could have done wrong.  I was so frustrated because everyone that saw me and knew me freaked out and hugged me and kissed me and all those things that Chilenos do... and then, when we had a powerful lesson and extended the commitment to go to church... they said "Absolutely Not."  Time and time again.  It was HORRIBLE. One night, I opened my scriptures to Jacob 5.  I read about how the Lord had worked so hard in His vineyard as well.  And how his dear plants, over time, became corrupted.  The Lord wept and asked His servant the same question that I had asked my companion and myself and my God, "What more could I have done for my vineyard?"  But several verses later, the servant responds "Leave it a little more."  And so I have been left here a little more.  And I know that we will see miracles.   I shared this experience the following day in a lunch with a family in the ward - the husband on high council, the wife the relief society president.  This Sunday, that husband was called as the new branch president.  He sought me out after the meetings and asked me "Sister, now do you know why you were sent back here again?"  I looked at him a bit confused.  He replied to my look:  "What more could I have done in my vineyard?  Leave it a little more?  We will work together sister.  And we will rescue EVERY SINGLE  ONE of those lost sheep."  You can imagine the spirit that we both felt in that private moment.   It is important that we always believe and remember the sacred promise the Lord has provided that "the field is white and ready to harvest."  It is already white.  And it is time to harvest.  May you see your "area" in the same way and may you harvest in the white field.
Sister Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment