Friday, April 26, 2013

Neuromasandstuff.


Welpt!  Still here!

Doctor after doctor has tried to help me out and finally we are beginning to understand.  They found at least one problem: a neuroma - in a location in my foot where they are hardly EVER found... so that's good.  Sorta.  I've got more tests and whatnot coming up next week.  Party at the hospital!!  We are finally beginning to understand the steps that need to be taken to cure me.  God has blessed my family with so many little miracles that allow us to press forward.


Today I have a few thoughts related to my recent experiences.


The first has to do with angels.  No, not the winged, from-Heaven, once-living-on-the-earth-and-then-died-and-then-got-to-wear-white-and-visit-people-in-times-of-need types.  But the average, everyday friends, family members, and random people that I've never seen before.  Those who my Heavenly Father prepared to help me and give me hope and brighten my day a little bit.  Yes, I'm positive.  Yes, I know there is a plan for me.  But every once in a while... it's hard.  Really hard.  So.  Hard.  And you know what though?  It's ok.  Because God sends me the occasional angel to bear me up.  President Eyring put it this way:


If we have faith in Jesus Christ, the hardest as well as the easiest times in life can be a blessing. In all conditions, we can choose the right with the guidance of the Spirit. We have the gospel of Jesus Christ to shape and guide our lives if we choose it. And with prophets revealing to us our place in the plan of salvation, we can live with perfect hope and a feeling of peace. We never need to feel that we are alone or unloved in the Lord’s service because we never are. We can feel the love of God. The Savior has promised angels on our left and our right to bear us up. And He always keeps His word.
(http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/04/mountains-to-climb?lang=eng)

And that is EXACTLY what I have experienced.  Little miracles via average people who were humble enough and in tune enough to the Holy Spirit that they were transformed, for just a moment, into an angel.  For me.  A daughter of God.  Who had faith in Jesus Christ and was trying to choose the right in all things.  But who desperately needed help. 

HE ALWAYS KEEPS HIS WORD.

A second source of hope has stemmed from none other than the very faith that I mentioned before.  Faith in the healing and enabling power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ - the Savior and Redeemer of the world.  And of me.  And of you. 

What does that mean?  Atonement.

The Atonement is the sacrifice Jesus Christ made to help us overcome sin, adversity, and death. Jesus’s atoning sacrifice took place in the Garden of Gethsemane and on the cross at Calvary. He paid the price for our sins, took upon Himself death, and was resurrected. The Atonement is the supreme expression of the love of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. (https://www.lds.org/youth/learn/yw/atonement/what?lang=eng)

The amount of hope that I have received from the believing in the Atonement and in the reality of my Savior is... unfathomable.  Something so incredible, so marvelous, so powerful.  He has the power to heal our broken hearts and frazzled brains and terrified emotions and nerve-damaged feet.  Because He already went through it.  All of it.  He already knows how we feel and the agony we might be in and how scared we might be and how desperately we might need an angel.

He knows it.  ALL OF IT.

We are never alone.  We never have been, nor will we ever be.  Sometimes, yes, we may feel that we have been abandoned. Let us remember the words of Jesus on the cross.
Matthew 27:46
My God , my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Even Jesus Christ felt forsaken at one point. He KNOWS how we feel.  One “angel” recently told me the following

“And more importantly, remember that Christ suffered all things so that we wouldn't have to. The trials that we go through are simply to make us stronger!”

To whoever is reading this, if you find yourself in time of trial or trouble or heartache or whatever else:

BE STRONG

Know that God has not abandoned you and that He loves you.  So much so that He sent His Son to suffer for you, to feel your pains, and to bear you up.


 District Number One
District Number Two

1 comment:

  1. I will never tire of your posts. Thanks for showing the world your strength and to so eloquently speak of your love of the Savior and his atoning sacrifice. Thank you for sharing YOU and for being YOU!!

    ReplyDelete